Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- Congress to Vote on Coronavirus Rescue Package - The New York Times
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 23:27 GMT
- More than 3,000 people in the US have died from coronavirus - CNN
Tue, 31 Mar 2020 03:24 GMT
- WHO declares the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic - STAT
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 07:00 GMT
- Coronavirus Briefing: What Happened Today - The New York Times
Tue, 31 Mar 2020 01:04 GMT
- Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count - The New York Times
Tue, 03 Mar 2020 23:25 GMT
- Live Coronavirus News and Updates - The New York Times
Tue, 31 Mar 2020 04:42 GMT
- Coronavirus Guidelines From Trump Include Limits On Gatherings - NPR
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 18:38 GMT
- In France, controversial doctor stirs coronavirus debate - Politico
Tue, 31 Mar 2020 02:44 GMT
- Restrictions Are Slowing Coronavirus Infections, New Data Suggest - The New York Times
Mon, 30 Mar 2020 23:36 GMT
- Coronavirus Travel Restrictions and Bans Globally: Updating List - The New York Times
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 20:12 GMT
- The Human Stories of the Coronavirus Pandemic - The New York Times
Tue, 31 Mar 2020 02:30 GMT
- Is 6 feet enough for social distancing? An MIT researcher says droplets carrying coronavirus can travel up to 27 feet. - USA TODAY
Tue, 31 Mar 2020 05:02 GMT
- Coronavirus death rate is lower than previously reported, study says, but it's still deadlier than seasonal flu - CNN
Tue, 31 Mar 2020 01:54 GMT
- Why Experts Are Urging Social Distancing to Combat Coronavirus Outbreak - UCSF News Services
Sat, 14 Mar 2020 07:00 GMT
- First US service member dies from coronavirus - CNN
Tue, 31 Mar 2020 00:03 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (64): countries with high local transmission
Mon, 30 Mar 2020 11:28:44 -0400
COVID-19 -- United States
Regarding health monitoring related to the spread of the new coronavirus [SARS-CoV-2] on the national territory, there are a total of 97 689 cases. At the moment 73 880 people are positive for the virus; 13 030 people have recovered. There are 27 386 patients hospitalized with symptoms, 3906 are in intensive care, and 42 588 are in home isolation.
There have been 10 779 reported deaths, however, this number can only be confirmed after the Istituto Superiore di Sanita has established the
- [Follow-up testing of viral nucleic acid in discharged patients with moderate type of 2019 coronavirus disease (COVID-19)].
- [Management of a colon cancer patient infected with corona virus disease 2019].
- Consensus guidelines for managing the airway in patients with COVID-19.
- Neurosurgeons in the Corona crisis: striving for remedy and redemption. A message from the president of the EANS.
- [Dealing with psychological distress by healthcare professionals during the COVID-19 pandemia].
- Swarm Hunting and Cluster Ejections in Chemically Communicating Active Mixtures.
- Facial Aging: A 54-Year, Three-Dimensional Population Study.