Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: January 19, 2021 - FDA.gov
Tue, 19 Jan 2021 21:57 GMT
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 9,816 new cases, 308 new hospitalizations - WFLA
Tue, 19 Jan 2021 20:27 GMT
- Coronavirus in Georgia | State marks deadliest day for pandemic, with 170 new confirmed deaths - 11Alive.com WXIA
Tue, 19 Jan 2021 20:51 GMT
- U.S. coronavirus deaths top 400,000 in Trump’s final hours - The Philadelphia Inquirer
Tue, 19 Jan 2021 20:03 GMT
- N.J. coronavirus update: Vaccine appointment delays; hospitalizations level off - WHYY
Tue, 19 Jan 2021 21:14 GMT
- US coronavirus death toll eclipses 400,000 as Biden prepares to take office - ABC News
Tue, 19 Jan 2021 19:49 GMT
- California passes 3 million coronavirus cases - Los Angeles Times
Tue, 19 Jan 2021 19:52 GMT
- Coronavirus: DOH reports 65 new cases, with 2 additional fatalities - KHON2
Tue, 19 Jan 2021 22:06 GMT
- The coronavirus variant has officially arrived in Mass. Here’s why you should be concerned. - The Boston Globe
Tue, 19 Jan 2021 22:04 GMT
- Dallas County reports 1,589 new coronavirus cases, 16 more deaths - The Dallas Morning News
Tue, 19 Jan 2021 21:14 GMT
- What we now know — and don't know — about the coronavirus variants - STAT
Tue, 19 Jan 2021 10:03 GMT
- Coronavirus Death Toll in the US Passes 400,000 - The New York Times
Tue, 19 Jan 2021 23:10 GMT
- Rash of Coronavirus Cases Poses Early Challenge for the Australian Open - The New York Times
Mon, 18 Jan 2021 21:44 GMT
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 4,989 new cases, 55 deaths reported - WJW FOX 8 News Cleveland
Tue, 19 Jan 2021 19:00 GMT
- US exceeds 400000 coronavirus deaths - Reuters
Tue, 19 Jan 2021 20:15 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (22): Russia (LN) St. Petersburg, animal, cat
Sun, 17 Jan 2021 22:29:16 -0500
COVID-19 -- Russia
Scientists of St. Petersburg's Smorodintsev Research Institute of Influenza have conducted a genetic study of the SARS-CoV-2 virus detected in a cat for the 1st time [sic; see comment] in Russia, discovering that the strain is identical to the one circulating in Russia, the institute reported on Thursday [14 Jan 2021].
"Within the framework of the Coronavirus Russian Genetic Initiative (CoRGI), scientists of the Smorodintsev Research Institute of Influenza of the Russian Healthcare Ministry
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (20): animal, deer, experimental infection
Sat, 16 Jan 2021 17:57:50 -0500
COVID-19 -- Worldwide/Unknown
The origin of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), the virus causing the global coronavirus disease 19 (COVID-19) pandemic, remains a mystery. Current evidence suggests a likely spillover into humans from an animal reservoir. Understanding the host range and identifying animal species that are susceptible to SARS-CoV-2 infection may help to elucidate the origin of the virus and the mechanisms underlying cross-species transmission to humans. Here we demonstrated that
- Collection and decomposition of oil mist via corona discharge and surface dielectric barrier discharge.
- Anatomical location of the spinothalamic tract in the subcortical white matter in the human brain: a diffusion tensor imaging study.
- Association of ABO blood group type with cardiovascular events in COVID-19.
- Brain reactivity using fMRI to insomnia stimuli in insomnia patients with discrepancy between subjective and objective sleep.
- Influence of forest stand characteristics on physical, mechanical properties and chemistry of chestnut wood.
- Systemic therapy and COVID19: Immunotherapy and chemotherapy.
- Anesthesia for extraction of a fractured COVID-19 nasopharyngeal swab.