Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- Coronavirus Global News Tracker: Live Updates - The New York Times
Thu, 28 May 2020 15:13 GMT
- Coronavirus has killed more than 100,000 people in the US in less than four months - CNN
Thu, 28 May 2020 11:14 GMT
- ‘It’s Too Late’: In Sprawling Indonesia, Coronavirus Surges - The New York Times
Thu, 28 May 2020 11:56 GMT
- Coronavirus live updates: NYC to begin reopening in June; jobless claims surpass 40M; Texas bar bans masks - USA TODAY
Thu, 28 May 2020 15:00 GMT
- The World Is Still Far From Herd Immunity for Coronavirus - The New York Times
Thu, 28 May 2020 09:00 GMT
- Live updates: Trump notes ‘very sad milestone’ after U.S. coronavirus death toll surpasses 100,000 - The Washington Post
Thu, 28 May 2020 14:53 GMT
- What’s the Risk of Catching Coronavirus From a Surface? - The New York Times
Thu, 28 May 2020 13:39 GMT
- Coronavirus Live Updates: 2.1 Million More U.S. Workers File for Unemployment Benefits - The New York Times
Thu, 28 May 2020 15:03 GMT
- May 28 morning update: The latest on the coronavirus and Maine - Bangor Daily News
Thu, 28 May 2020 10:42 GMT
- Coronavirus pandemic in the US: Live updates - CNN
Thu, 28 May 2020 15:11 GMT
- Possible Conflicts Of Interest In Pandemic Work For Pence Staffer Marc Short - NPR
Thu, 28 May 2020 15:08 GMT
- on the Four Months After First Case, U.S. Death Toll Passes 100,000 - The New York Times
Thu, 28 May 2020 12:29 GMT
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Daily Roundup May 27, 2020 - FDA.gov
Thu, 28 May 2020 00:39 GMT
- What Bolsonaro said as Brazil's coronavirus cases climbed - CNN
Wed, 27 May 2020 23:43 GMT
- While some countries clap for doctors, health workers in Russia face open hostility - CNN
Thu, 28 May 2020 11:24 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (215): Netherlands (NB) animal, mink-to-human, epidem., control
Wed, 27 May 2020 22:58:31 -0400
COVID-19 -- Netherlands
The transmission of the mink coronavirus to 2 people rings alarm bells. Researchers consider the risk of spreading small. Still, there are major concerns.
The call to clean up the mink farms infected with the coronavirus is increasing. Veterinarians and an affected livestock farmer are also calling on the government to take more measures on the infected farms. You ought to have the required knowledge to make decisions about this, says agriculture minister Carola Schouten.
On the infected
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (214): China, S. Korea, countries w/ high local transmission
Wed, 27 May 2020 11:53:52 -0400
COVID-19 -- China
The general downward trend of new positives and deaths continues. This is what can be seen from the health monitoring data on the spread of the new coronavirus on [26 May 2020].
- 230 555 cumulative cases, increase of 397 from 25 May 2020;
- 52 942 people are currently positive for the virus;
- 144 658 people have recovered;
- 7917 patients are hospitalized with symptoms, 521 in intensive care, and 44 504 are in home isolation;
- 32 955 deaths have been reported; however, this number
- Aesthetıc dermatology procedures ın coronavırus-days.
- Delayed Diagnosis of Pediatric Appendicitis during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Cardiovascular disease potentially contributes to the progression and poor prognosis of COVID-19.
- Influence of Different Dehydration Levels on Volatile Profiles, Phenolic Contents and Skin Hardness of Alkaline Pre-Treated Grapes cv Muscat of Alexandria (Vitis vinifera L.).
- Low-Value Proton Pump Inhibitor Prescriptions Among Older Adults at a Large Academic Health System.
- Metabolically healthy and unhealthy obesity in erectile dysfunction and male infertility.