Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- CDC Official Who Sounded Early Alarm On Coronavirus Resigns : Coronavirus Updates - NPR
Fri, 07 May 2021 16:48 GMT
- CDC website now emphasizes coronavirus spreads in the air - CNN
Fri, 07 May 2021 20:40 GMT
- Public Health Coronavirus News Roundup, May 1–May 7 - Scientific American
Fri, 07 May 2021 19:00 GMT
- How Contagious Is The Coronavirus Variant In India? : Goats and Soda - NPR
Fri, 07 May 2021 19:24 GMT
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: May 7, 2021 fda.gov - FDA.gov
Fri, 07 May 2021 19:05 GMT
- Thailand reports 2419 new coronavirus cases, 19 new deaths - Reuters
Sat, 08 May 2021 01:25 GMT
- Britain free of coronavirus by August, outgoing vaccine task force chief says -Telegraph - Reuters UK
Sat, 08 May 2021 00:58 GMT
- Florida adds 4,165 coronavirus cases, 89 deaths Friday - Tampa Bay Times
Fri, 07 May 2021 19:07 GMT
- Hawaii reports 115 Coronavirus cases, no new deaths - KHON2
Fri, 07 May 2021 21:58 GMT
- Michigan reports 2,758 coronavirus cases, 30 more deaths - WOODTV.com
Fri, 07 May 2021 19:19 GMT
- Georgia coronavirus deaths fall to lowest point since July - Atlanta Journal Constitution
Fri, 07 May 2021 21:50 GMT
- Coronavirus in Illinois: 3,321 New COVID Cases, 36 Deaths, 73K Vaccinations - NBC Chicago
Fri, 07 May 2021 22:03 GMT
- ENCORE: Coronavirus Victims: Pastor, Mentor And Mother Robbin Hardy - NPR
Fri, 07 May 2021 22:23 GMT
- LA County’s coronavirus hospitalizations dip to lowest level of pandemic - LA Daily News
Fri, 07 May 2021 22:58 GMT
- Is India's coronavirus death 'paradox' vanishing? - Science
Thu, 06 May 2021 18:04 GMT
- PRO/AH> Rabbit hemorrhagic disease - USA (06): (CA) wild rabbit, alert
Wed, 05 May 2021 11:56:43 -0400
Other Animal Disease -- United States
A highly contagious and deadly virus targeting wild and domestic rabbits has been detected in 2 rabbit carcasses found in the Cañada de San Vicente Ecological Reserve in Ramona [California]. Wildlife officials said 2 desert cottontails tested positive for the rabbit hemorrhagic disease virus 2 (RHDV2) infection on April 8 .
Rabbit hemorrhagic disease (RHDV2) is not related to the novel coronavirus and does not affect humans or domestic animals other than rabbits. The virus showed up
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (159): animal, India, zoo, lion
Tue, 04 May 2021 17:18:48 -0400
COVID-19 -- India
A total of 8 lions at an Indian zoo have tested positive for coronavirus in what is believed to be the first case of its kind in the country. Officials at Nehru Zoological Park reportedly decided to test the Asiatic lions for COVID-19 after veterinarians working in the zoo noticed the felines had symptoms of the virus, including loss of appetite and coughing.
The Hyderabad zoo is believed to have been told by The Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) that the RT-PCR tests of 8
- ai-corona: Radiologist-assistant deep learning framework for COVID-19 diagnosis in chest CT scans Fri, 07 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400
The development of medical assisting tools based on artificial intelligence advances is essential in the global fight against COVID-19 outbreak and the future of medical systems. In this study, we introduce ai-corona, a radiologist-assistant deep learning framework for COVID-19 infection diagnosis using chest CT scans. Our framework incorporates an EfficientNetB3-based feature extractor. We employed three datasets; the CC-CCII set, the MasihDaneshvari Hospital (MDH) cohort, and the MosMedData...
- Short-term research projects in cognitive neuroscience for undergraduate students: a contingency plan to maintain quality teaching during COVID-19 pandemic Fri, 07 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400
The Corona Virus Disease 19 (COVID-19) pandemic has imposed serious restrictions for academic institutions to maintain their research and teaching practical subjects. Universities have implemented adaptive measures to maintain educational activities and achieve the learning objectives for undergraduate and postgraduate students by shifting to online teaching and learning. Although such approaches have enabled delivering the theoretical content of courses during the pandemic, universities have...
- GOÄ: Corona-Hygienezuschlag bei jedem Kontakt möglich Fri, 07 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400
- Corona-Splitter Fri, 07 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400
- Follow-Up of Coronavirus Infected Patients Using Telemedicine in a Referral Pulmonary Center Fri, 07 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400
CONCLUSION: Patient follow-up during epidemics, especially when the disease course is unknown, is an important step in both successful patient management and disease control. This study showed the role of telemedicine for patient follow-up, mostly in detecting special situations. But, in order to be successful patient education and active follow-up are important factors that must be considered.
- Clinical Features and Outcomes of ICU Patients with COVID-19 Infection in Tehran, Iran: a Single-Centered Retrospective Cohort Study Fri, 07 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400
CONCLUSION: The mortality rate of COVID-19 patients admitted to ICU is generally high. Dyspnea as initial presentation and comorbidity, especially hypertension and pulmonary diseases, may be associated with higher risk of severe disease and consequent mortality rate. Also, higher SOFA and APACHE II scores could indicate higher mortality in patients admitted to ICU.
- Awe/Gratitude as an Experiential Aspect of Spirituality and Its Association to Perceived Positive Changes During the COVID-19 Pandemic Fri, 07 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Background: While the COVID-19 pandemic has affected the lives of almost all people worldwide, many people observed also positive changes in their attitudes and behaviors. This can be seen in the context of posttraumatic growth. These perceived changes refer to five main categories: Nature/Silence/Contemplation, Spirituality, Relationships, Reflection on life, and Digital media usage. A previous study with persons recruited in June 2020 directly after the lockdown in Germany showed that the best...
- Reversible multilayered vesicle-like structures with fluid hydrophobic and interpolyelectrolyte layers Thu, 06 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Hydrophobic blocks of amphiphilic block copolymers often form glassy micellar cores at room temperature with a rigid structure that limits their applications as nanocapsules for targeted delivery. Nevertheless, we prepared and analyzed core/shell micelles with a soft core, formed by a self-assembled block copolymer consisting of a hydrophobic block and a polycation block, poly(lauryl acrylate)-block-poly(trimethyl-aminoethyl acrylate) (PLA-QPDMAEA), in aqueous solution. By light and small-angle...
- Impurity profiling of Compound Amino Acid Injection (6AA) using ion-pair high performance liquid chromatography coupled with corona-charged aerosol detection and high resolution mass spectrometry Thu, 06 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400
The complex industrial production process of amino acids (AAs) leads to the existence of a certain amount of impurities in Compound Amino Acid Injection (6AA). It is difficult to obtain its comprehensive and systematic impurity profile using conventional ultraviolet (UV) detectors due to lack of a suitable chromophore in the structures of AAs and their impurities. In our study, a universal ion-pair high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) method combined with high resolution mass...
- Complexities of Corona Virus Disease-19: The Role of Palliative Care at a Veterans Affairs Hospital Thu, 06 May 2021 06:00:00 -0400
The Corona Virus Disease-19 (COVID-19) pandemic accentuated the need for delivery of quality palliative care. We share the experience of our acute care hospital palliative care team in caring for veteran patients who died from COVID-19 and provide recommendations for palliative care teams caring for older adult populations. We conducted a retrospective chart review on 33 patients to gather characteristics data and delineate palliative care team involvement in their clinical courses. Our...