Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- Live Coronavirus News and Updates - The New York Times
Fri, 29 May 2020 22:09 GMT
- Coronavirus Live World Updates: Israel, India, W.H.O., Moscow - The New York Times
Fri, 29 May 2020 21:57 GMT
- US missed early chance to slow coronavirus, genetic study indicates - CNN
Fri, 29 May 2020 20:12 GMT
- Testing Is Key to Beating Coronavirus, Right? Japan Has Other Ideas - The New York Times
Fri, 29 May 2020 19:17 GMT
- CDC was 'never blind' to early spread of coronavirus within the US, director says - CNN
Fri, 29 May 2020 19:12 GMT
- Wisconsin reports 733 new coronavirus cases, 18 more deaths in another record-setting day for tests - Appleton Post Crescent
Fri, 29 May 2020 19:35 GMT
- California surpasses 4,000 coronavirus deaths, L.A. County hardest hit - Los Angeles Times
Fri, 29 May 2020 17:18 GMT
- Michigan reaches 56,621 coronavirus cases, 5,406 deaths - Detroit Free Press
Fri, 29 May 2020 19:36 GMT
- Missouri reports big increases in coronavirus cases, deaths - KMOV.com
Fri, 29 May 2020 20:13 GMT
- Coronavirus in N.Y.C.: Latest Updates - The New York Times
Fri, 29 May 2020 09:49 GMT
- Older Italians Warily Eye Young Crowds, Fearing 2nd Coronavirus Wave - The New York Times
Fri, 29 May 2020 16:57 GMT
- Coronavirus in Michigan: Here’s where we stand today - WDIV ClickOnDetroit
Fri, 29 May 2020 17:58 GMT
- Coronavirus updates: New Jersey allows in-person graduations; Costco's free samples are coming back; Trump to scrap relationship with WHO - USA TODAY
Fri, 29 May 2020 19:30 GMT
- Live updates: Trump terminates U.S. relationship with WHO, claiming it misled world about coronavirus - The Washington Post
Fri, 29 May 2020 22:05 GMT
- Coronavirus daily news updates, May 29: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state, and the world - Seattle Times
Fri, 29 May 2020 13:48 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (219): selected countries
Fri, 29 May 2020 09:49:26 -0400
COVID-19 -- Worldwide/Unknown
Even today [28 May 2020] there is a slight increase compared to yesterday [27 May 2020] in the positive cases, but the general downward trend continues. The general downward trend also continues for deaths.
This is what can be seen from the health monitoring data on the spread of the new coronavirus [SARS-CoV-2] released at 18:00 on [28 May 2020].
- 231 732 cumulative cases, increase of 593 from 27 May 2020;
- 47 986 people are currently positive for the virus;
- 150 604 people have
- A Reversible Light-Responsive Solventless-Liquid Switch: Polarization Induced Dynamic Surface Ordering-Disordering in Liquid-Like Carbon Quantum Dots.
- Eco-corona vs protein corona: effects of humic substances on corona formation and nanoplastic particle toxicity in Daphnia magna.
- Palliative treatment and care for dying nursing home patients with COVID-19.
- Treatments Administered to the First 9152 Reported Cases of COVID-19: A Systematic Review.
- Manufacturing and supply of face shields in hospital operation in case of unclear and confirmed COVID-19 infection status of patients.
- SARS-CoV-2 infection, male fertility and sperm cryopreservation: a position statement of the Italian Society of Andrology and Sexual Medicine (SIAMS) (Società Italiana di Andrologia e Medicina della Sessualità).
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and its implications for cardiovascular care: expert document from the German Cardiac Society and the World Heart Federation.
- Hierarchically organized materials with ordered mesopores: adsorption isotherm and adsorption-induced deformation from small-angle scattering.
- Commentary: Telemedicine: The unsung corona warrior.
- All India Ophthalmological Society - Oculoplastics Association of India consensus statement on preferred practices in oculoplasty and lacrimal surgery during the COVID-19 pandemic.