Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- Congress to Vote on Coronavirus Rescue Package - The New York Times
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 23:27 GMT
- WHO declares the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic - STAT
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 07:00 GMT
- Coronavirus Guidelines From Trump Include Limits On Gatherings - NPR
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 18:38 GMT
- How New Jersey’s First Coronavirus Patient Survived - The New York Times
Sun, 05 Apr 2020 10:13 GMT
- Chinese-Americans, Facing Abuse, Unite to Aid Hospitals in Coronavirus Battle - The New York Times
Sun, 05 Apr 2020 09:12 GMT
- Coronavirus interrupted our lives. Now it's invading our dreams. - USA TODAY
Sun, 05 Apr 2020 12:36 GMT
- Some may joke about a coronavirus baby boom. Here's why you shouldn't try to conceive in quarantine - CNN
Sun, 05 Apr 2020 16:12 GMT
- Fearing coronavirus, Arizona man dies after taking a form of chloroquine used in aquariums - CNN
Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:55 GMT
- Coronavirus in N.Y.: Live Updates - The New York Times
Sun, 05 Apr 2020 16:03 GMT
- Italy's daily coronavirus death toll drops to lowest in 2 weeks, Singapore sees biggest case jump - CNBC
Sun, 05 Apr 2020 13:11 GMT
- Coronavirus in Brooklyn: An I.C.U. Fights for Each Life - The New York Times
Sun, 05 Apr 2020 15:37 GMT
- Paid sick leave: Who gets it during the coronavirus outbreak - The Washington Post
Thu, 19 Mar 2020 15:01 GMT
- Trump Urges Coronavirus Patients to Take Unproven Drug - The New York Times
Sun, 05 Apr 2020 00:40 GMT
- Coronavirus Travel Restrictions and Bans Globally: Updating List - The New York Times
Wed, 01 Apr 2020 22:46 GMT
- Stranded in the Maldives by Coronavirus Travel Restrictions - The New York Times
Sun, 05 Apr 2020 16:09 GMT
- PRO/EDR> COVID-19 update (79): research update
Sat, 04 Apr 2020 13:44:32 -0400
COVID-19 -- Worldwide/Unknown
Once SARS-CoV-2 is introduced in a long-term care skilled nursing facility (SNF), rapid transmission can occur.
Following identification of a case of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in a healthcare worker, 76 of 82 residents of an SNF were tested for SARS-CoV-2; 23 (30%) had positive test results, about half of whom were asymptomatic or presymptomatic on the day of testing.
Symptom-based screening of SNF residents might fail to identify all SARS-CoV-2 infections. Asymptomatic and
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (78): countries with high local transmission
Sat, 04 Apr 2020 10:49:36 -0400
COVID-19 -- United States
Regarding health monitoring related to the spread of the new coronavirus [SARS-CoV-2] on the national territory, there are 119 827 total cases. At the moment 85 388 people are positive for the virus; 19 758 people have recovered. There are 28 741 patients hospitalized with symptoms, 4068 are in intensive care, and 52 579 are in home isolation.
There have been 14 681 reported deaths, however, this number can only be confirmed after the Istituto Superiore di Sanita has established the actual
- Modulating the Distant Spreading of Patient-Derived Colorectal Cancer Cells via Aspirin and Metformin.
- 10 Questions and 4 experts on Corona.
- Potential false-negative nucleic acid testing results for Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 from thermal inactivation of samples with low viral loads.
- Impact of lignans in oilseed mix on gut microbiome composition and enterolignan production in younger healthy and premenopausal women: an in vitro pilot study.
- Primary stratification and identification of suspected Corona virus disease 2019 (COVID-19) from clinical perspective by a simple scoring proposal.