Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- Live Coronavirus News Updates - The New York Times
Sun, 05 Apr 2020 01:30 GMT
- Congress to Vote on Coronavirus Rescue Package - The New York Times
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 23:27 GMT
- Trump Urges Coronavirus Patients to Take Unproven Drug - The New York Times
Sun, 05 Apr 2020 00:40 GMT
- WHO declares the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic - STAT
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 07:00 GMT
- Coronavirus Guidelines From Trump Include Limits On Gatherings - NPR
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 18:38 GMT
- Taiwan's coronavirus response is among the best globally - CNN
Sun, 05 Apr 2020 01:42 GMT
- He Kissed His Mother Goodbye. Then He Learned She Had Coronavirus. - The New York Times
Sat, 04 Apr 2020 22:19 GMT
- Coronavirus in Brooklyn: An I.C.U. Fights for Each Life - The New York Times
Sat, 04 Apr 2020 23:39 GMT
- All across the United States, the coronavirus is killing more men than women, data show - The Washington Post
Sat, 04 Apr 2020 22:34 GMT
- Fearing coronavirus, Arizona man dies after taking a form of chloroquine used in aquariums - CNN
Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:55 GMT
- Coronavirus Trump Fact Checks And Questions Answered - NPR
Sat, 04 Apr 2020 17:26 GMT
- In Congress, Doctors Are Pressing for a More Aggressive Coronavirus Response - The New York Times
Sat, 04 Apr 2020 23:49 GMT
- A German Exception? Why the Country’s Coronavirus Death Rate Is Low - The New York Times
Sat, 04 Apr 2020 20:15 GMT
- As hospitals focus on coronavirus, patients with other illnesses wait in fear - CNN
Sat, 04 Apr 2020 18:42 GMT
- As Coronavirus Cases Rise, Navajo Nation Tries To Get Ahead Of Pandemic - NPR
Sat, 04 Apr 2020 16:08 GMT
- PRO/EDR> COVID-19 update (79): research update
Sat, 04 Apr 2020 13:44:32 -0400
COVID-19 -- Worldwide/Unknown
Once SARS-CoV-2 is introduced in a long-term care skilled nursing facility (SNF), rapid transmission can occur.
Following identification of a case of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in a healthcare worker, 76 of 82 residents of an SNF were tested for SARS-CoV-2; 23 (30%) had positive test results, about half of whom were asymptomatic or presymptomatic on the day of testing.
Symptom-based screening of SNF residents might fail to identify all SARS-CoV-2 infections. Asymptomatic and
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (78): countries with high local transmission
Sat, 04 Apr 2020 10:49:36 -0400
COVID-19 -- United States
Regarding health monitoring related to the spread of the new coronavirus [SARS-CoV-2] on the national territory, there are 119 827 total cases. At the moment 85 388 people are positive for the virus; 19 758 people have recovered. There are 28 741 patients hospitalized with symptoms, 4068 are in intensive care, and 52 579 are in home isolation.
There have been 14 681 reported deaths, however, this number can only be confirmed after the Istituto Superiore di Sanita has established the actual
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (76): China (HU) animal, cat, owned, stray, seropositive
Fri, 03 Apr 2020 17:50:45 -0400
COVID-19 -- China
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) was first reported in Wuhan, China, and rapidly spread worldwide. Previous studies suggested cat could be a potential susceptible animal of SARS-CoV-2. Here, we investigated the infection of SARS-CoV-2 in cats by detecting specific serum antibodies. A cohort of serum samples were collected from cats in Wuhan, including 102 sampled after COVID-19 outbreak and 39 prior to the outbreak. A
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (74): countries with high local transmission
Fri, 03 Apr 2020 09:17:23 -0400
COVID-19 -- United States
Regarding health monitoring related to the spread of the new coronavirus [SARS-CoV-2] on the national territory, there are 115 242 total cases. At the moment 83 049 people are positive for the virus; 18 278 people have recovered. There are 28 540 patients hospitalized with symptoms, 4035 are in intensive care, and 48 134 are in home isolation.
There have been 13 915 reported deaths, however, this number can only be confirmed after the Istituto Superiore di Sanita has established the actual
- The effectiveness of the quarantine of Wuhan city against the Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): well-mixed SEIR model analysis.
- Positive Externalities of an Epidemic: The Case of the Corona Virus (COVID-19) in China.
- Musculoskeletal Regeneration, Rehabilitation, and Plasticity Following Traumatic Injury.
- A consensus statement on the use of angiotensin receptor blockers and angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors in relation to COVID-19 (corona virus disease 2019).
- Glycol chitosan in situ coating on PLGA nanoparticle curtails extraneous paclitaxel precipitates and imparts protein corona independent hemocompatibility.
- Self-reported physical and mental health and motor functioning in elders with and without Parkinson's disease.