Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- Wuhan, Where Coronavirus Emerged, Lifts Lockdown After 11 Weeks: Live Coverage - The New York Times
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 04:55 GMT
- Congress to Vote on Coronavirus Rescue Package - The New York Times
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 23:27 GMT
- Coronavirus Briefing: What Happened Today - The New York Times
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 02:35 GMT
- Biden describes his phone call with Trump about coronavirus response - CNN
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 03:42 GMT
- Black people are overwhelmingly dying from coronavirus in cities across the US - USA TODAY
Tue, 07 Apr 2020 22:26 GMT
- Trump Attacks W.H.O. Over Criticisms of U.S. Approach to Coronavirus - The New York Times
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 01:09 GMT
- Coronavirus Peaks By State: How Social Distancing Measures Are Helping : Shots - Health News - NPR
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 00:02 GMT
- New Battle for Those on Coronavirus Front Lines: Child Custody - The New York Times
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 01:28 GMT
- WHO declares the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic - STAT
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 07:00 GMT
- Black Americans Face Alarming Rates of Coronavirus Infection in Some States - The New York Times
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 04:09 GMT
- Details Of The Coronavirus Relief Bill, The CARES Act - NPR
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 23:32 GMT
- Unprecedented nationwide blood studies seek to track U.S. coronavirus spread - Science Magazine
Tue, 07 Apr 2020 20:05 GMT
- Trump Attacks W.H.O. and Ousts Watchdog for Pandemic Fund - The New York Times
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 04:41 GMT
- The Coronavirus Is Changing How The World Buries — And Mourns — Its Loved Ones : Goats and Soda - NPR
Tue, 07 Apr 2020 21:44 GMT
- Trump administration weighs lifting coronavirus aid freeze - POLITICO
Tue, 07 Apr 2020 23:52 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Tuberculosis - Mexico: increased cases, RFI
Tue, 07 Apr 2020 22:01:16 -0400
Tuberculosis -- Mexico
The coronavirus is not the only threat to Mexico. In the 1st 2 months of 2020, 8029 cases of respiratory tuberculosis were reported, almost double that recorded in the same period of 2019: 4448.
[Byline: Rebecca Bowen]
ProMED-mail from HealthMap Alerts
[The Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) has noted that tuberculosis (TB) has been a concern for border areas in both Mexico and the United States. At the time (2005), both countries reported approximately 15
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (87): countries with high local transmission, Congo DR
Tue, 07 Apr 2020 14:29:40 -0400
COVID-19 -- United States
Regarding health monitoring related to the spread of the new coronavirus [SARS-CoV-2] on the national territory, there are 132 547 total cases. At the moment 93 187 people are positive for the virus; 22 837 people have recovered. There are 28 976 patients hospitalized with symptoms, 3898 are in intensive care, and 60 313 are in home isolation.
There have been 16 523 reported deaths, however, this number can only be confirmed after the Istituto Superiore di Sanita has established the actual
- Zeta potential changing nanoemulsions: Impact of PEG-corona on phosphate cleavage.
- Discovery of a selective inhibitor of doublecortin like kinase 1.
- Mechanistic Understanding of the Biological Responses to Polymeric Nanoparticles.
- Polymeric Nanoparticles with Neglectable Protein Corona.
- Recent advances in the analysis of nanoparticle-protein coronas.