Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- Omicron, Now 2 Years Old, Is Not Done With Us Yet - The New York Times
Tue, 21 Nov 2023 08:00 GMT
- WHO keeping closer watch on BA.2.86 strain as a dearth of data makes predictions difficult - CNN
Thu, 30 Nov 2023 02:45 GMT
- New COVID-19 Hospitalizations Increase | Health News | U.S. News - U.S. News & World Report
Mon, 27 Nov 2023 21:58 GMT
- GOP lawmakers grill CDC director on China's respiratory virus spike - The Washington Post
Thu, 30 Nov 2023 21:40 GMT
- CDC reports HV.1 as dominant coronavirus variant in US, with similar findings in Clark County - News3LV
Thu, 30 Nov 2023 02:47 GMT
- Long covid: What we now know about its causes and possible treatments - New Scientist
Mon, 27 Nov 2023 23:14 GMT
- COVID-19 variant BA.2.86 triples in occurence, CDC estimates show - USA TODAY
Thu, 30 Nov 2023 13:26 GMT
- Cases Of New COVID-19 Variant Triple; CDC Monitoring - Videos from The Weather Channel - The Weather Channel
Wed, 29 Nov 2023 12:29 GMT
- COVID-19 Incubation Period: Averages for Alpha to Omicron - Verywell Health
Wed, 29 Nov 2023 23:50 GMT
- COVID-19 again increases in Ohio: Coronavirus update for Thursday, Nov. 30 - cleveland.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2023 20:24 GMT
- OHSU coronavirus (COVID-19) response - OHSU News
Thu, 30 Nov 2023 17:42 GMT
- WHO says globally malaria cases exceeded pre-coronavirus ... - Anadolu Agency
Thu, 30 Nov 2023 16:58 GMT
- A cat coronavirus is now spreading across Europe. Should we be ... - BBC Science Focus Magazine
Wed, 29 Nov 2023 19:02 GMT
- Coronavirus Research and Commentary - Science
Thu, 30 Nov 2023 08:09 GMT
- Students' mental health very slowly recovering after coronavirus ... - NL Times
Thu, 30 Nov 2023 20:00 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (323): Pfizer vaccine in children, vaccine diplomacy, WHO
Mon, 20 Sep 2021 21:44:10 -0400
COVID-19 -- Worldwide/Unknown
A lower dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine -- one-3rd the amount given to adults and teens -- is safe and triggered a robust immune response in children as young as 5 years old, the drug companies announced in a news release Monday morning.
The finding, eagerly anticipated by many parents and pediatricians, is a crucial step toward the 2-shot coronavirus vaccine regimen becoming available for younger school-aged children, perhaps close to Halloween.
The companies still must
- Secondary Degeneration of White Matter Tract following Basal Ganglia Infarction: A Longitudinal Diffusion Tensor Imaging Study Thu, 30 Nov 2023 06:00:00 -0500
CONCLUSION: This study provides an objective, comprehensive, and automated protocol for detecting secondary degeneration of WM, which is important in understanding rehabilitation mechanisms after stroke.
- Evaluation of IL-6, IL-25 & IL-35 in the COVID 19 Patients and their Correlation to Demography Data in the Symptomatic Patients Wed, 29 Nov 2023 06:00:00 -0500
The severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, SARS-CoV-2, was first discovered in Wuhan, Hubei province, China. Cytokines play a critical role in COVID-19 infections through their inflammatory or anti-inflammatory activities. This study aimed to detect the diagnostic value of and the relationship between the interleukins under study, in addition to their relationship with demographic data in COVID-19 patients. Patients with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 based on laboratory (PCR)...
- Adverse reactions following COVID-19 vaccine among healthcare professionals working in Ethiopia: a facility-based cross-sectional study Wed, 29 Nov 2023 06:00:00 -0500
CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS: This study revealed that adverse effects following the COVID-19 vaccine were moderate in magnitude and minimal in severity. This study showed that adverse reactions that led to hospitalization were rare. Based on the findings of this study, it is recommended that national, multicenter, prospective, and randomized studies be conducted to assess the independent association of each vaccine.
- The relationship between sleep quality and daytime dysfunction among college students in China during COVID-19: a cross-sectional study Wed, 29 Nov 2023 06:00:00 -0500
CONCLUSION: During the COVID-19 epidemic, the sleep quality of college students was affected, and different degrees of daytime dysfunction have appeared, both are in worse condition than before the COVID-19 outbreak. Sleep quality may was inversely associated with daytime dysfunction.
- Electronic signature and attestation in conveyancing practice: A Malaysian legal perspective Wed, 29 Nov 2023 06:00:00 -0500
Background The Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic brought about an unprecedented disruption to global business activities. Physical face-to-face activities must be restricted due to movement control order (MCO). The clients are required to sign the documents physically in the presence of the solicitor who must subsequently attest to the signature of the clients. The issue arises whether electronic signature (e-signature) and attestation are permissible under the laws of Malaysia. The...
- Physiological Responses of Minimally Processed Sweet Potatoes Grown with Increasing Doses of Phosphate Fertilizer Wed, 29 Nov 2023 06:00:00 -0500
The present work aimed to study oxidative damage and protection, phenylpropanoid metabolism, and the quality of minimally processed colored sweet potatoes cultivated with increments in P(2)O(5) fertilization. Sweet potato was cultivated with 0, 60, 120, 180, and 240 kg ha^(-1) of P(2)O(5). The roots were harvested, and the P content in the roots and leaves was quantified. The roots were minimally processed and kept for 20 days at 5 °C. In general, the roots that were fertilized with P(2)O(5)...
- Detection of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) by TaqMan Real-Time PCR in Iran Wed, 29 Nov 2023 06:00:00 -0500
Introduction: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is known as a positivesense single-strand RNA virus and leads to Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Coronaviruses significantly impact the human respiratory tract. Coronavirus disease is potentially fatal and transmissible in the world. In this study we evaluated the presence or absence of SARS-CoV-2 in 220 patients with un-explained pneumonia by TaqMan real-time PCR assay regarding open reading frame (ORF1ab) and...
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection for early gastric cancer in a patient after left ventricular assist device implantation: A case report Wed, 29 Nov 2023 06:00:00 -0500
The use of left ventricular assist device (LVAD) implantation has increased in recent years. Here, we report the first case of gastric endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) following LVAD implantation. A 69-year-old man who previously underwent LVAD implantation for severe heart failure underwent esophagogastroduodenoscopy, which revealed a 15-mm flat-elevated cancerous lesion at the greater curvature of the gastric angle. Before ESD, antithrombotic drugs were discontinued and replaced with...
- Antibody Response After the Third SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine in Solid Organ Transplant Recipients and People Living With HIV (COVERALL-2) Wed, 29 Nov 2023 06:00:00 -0500
CONCLUSIONS: People living with HIV had a high antibody response. The third vaccine increased the proportion of solid organ transplant recipients with an antibody response. Clinical Trials Registration. NCT04805125 (ClinicalTrials.gov).
- Comparison of infection severity of vaccinated and unvaccinated health workers with Corona Virus: A cohort study Wed, 29 Nov 2023 06:00:00 -0500
CONCLUSION: This study concluded that the results of the corona vaccine are not consistent among the various groups of HCWs. The acceptability of vaccinations is practically unanimous among nurses, but less so among doctors and other healthcare professionals.