Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- Coronavirus Live Updates - The New York Times
Wed, 12 Aug 2020 18:05 GMT
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Daily Roundup August 11, 2020 - FDA.gov
Tue, 11 Aug 2020 22:09 GMT
- A referendum on coronavirus response takes shape in Texas - The Texas Tribune
Wed, 12 Aug 2020 09:00 GMT
- Trump adds coronavirus adviser who echoes his unscientific claims - CNN
Wed, 12 Aug 2020 15:38 GMT
- US has averaged over 1,000 coronavirus deaths per day for 16 straight days - CNN
Wed, 12 Aug 2020 15:27 GMT
- Live updates: Florida and Georgia set new single-day records for coronavirus deaths - The Washington Post
Wed, 12 Aug 2020 17:34 GMT
- Azar criticizes China’s response to coronavirus during Taiwan visit - The Washington Post
Wed, 12 Aug 2020 12:00 GMT
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Daily Roundup August 10, 2020 - FDA.gov
Mon, 10 Aug 2020 20:37 GMT
- Infectious coronavirus can linger in the air, a new study shows - The Daily Briefing
Wed, 12 Aug 2020 16:32 GMT
- Sunset Park Sees Coronavirus Uptick, Mayor Says - Spectrum News NY1
Wed, 12 Aug 2020 13:49 GMT
- 22 new coronavirus cases have been reported in Maine - Bangor Daily News
Wed, 12 Aug 2020 13:35 GMT
- Coronavirus Lockdown & Democracy: Toward an Open Scientific Debate - Contagionlive.com
Wed, 12 Aug 2020 08:59 GMT
- Illinois Reports 1,645 New Coronavirus Cases and 16 Deaths Wednesday - NBC Chicago
Wed, 12 Aug 2020 17:37 GMT
- Florida coronavirus cases top 8,000, deaths top 200 - Palm Beach Post
Wed, 12 Aug 2020 16:20 GMT
- Coronavirus daily news updates, August 12: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world - Seattle Times
Wed, 12 Aug 2020 13:32 GMT
- PRO/ALL> New in IJID (08): August 2020
Tue, 11 Aug 2020 13:56:09 -0400
COVID-19, Antimicrobial resistance, Bacterial Meningitis, Tuberculosis, Enterovirus, Other Human Disease, Hepatitis B, HIV/AIDS, Rabies, Chikungunya, Malaria, Influenza -- Worldwide/Unknown
Setting priorities for patient-centered surveillance of drug-resistant infections
Elizabeth A. Ashley, Alistair McLean, Francesca Chiara, Nicholas Feasey, Walter Jaoko, Japheth A. Opintan, Sharon J. Peacock, Priscilla Rupali, Paul Turner
Int J Infect Dis. 2020; 97 (Aug): 60-65
Coronavirus (COVID-19) collection
Fast SARS-CoV-2 detection by RT-qPCR in preheated nasopharyngeal swab samples
Julia Alcoba-Florez, Rafaela
- The Crucial Role of Environmental Coronas in Determining the Biological Effects of Engineered Nanomaterials.
- [Prioritising breast cancer care during the corona crisis].
- Clinical and histopathological findings of cutaneous manifestations of COVID19 patients.
- Generalized Status Epilepticus as a Possible Manifestation of COVID-19.
- A Systematic Review of Smartphone Applications Available for Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID19) and the Assessment of their Quality Using the Mobile Application Rating Scale (MARS).
- Integrating Tobacco Prevention Skills into an Evidence-Based Intervention for Adolescents with ADHD: Results from a Pilot Efficacy Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Binational Cultural Adaptation of the keepin' it REAL Substance Use Prevention Program for Adolescents in Mexico.
- Data Privacy Compliant Validation of Health Insurance Claims Data: the IDOMENEO Approach.