Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- The Coronavirus Is Plotting a Comeback. Here’s Our Chance to Stop It for Good. - The New York Times
Thu, 25 Feb 2021 21:55 GMT
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Allows More Flexible Storage, Transportation Conditions for Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine - FDA.gov
Thu, 25 Feb 2021 21:15 GMT
- New Coronavirus Variant Found in NYC, Northeast - WebMD
Thu, 25 Feb 2021 17:03 GMT
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 6,640 new cases, 138 new deaths - WFLA
Thu, 25 Feb 2021 19:49 GMT
- Coronavirus in Georgia | Latest data for Thursday, Feb. 25 - 11Alive.com WXIA
Thu, 25 Feb 2021 21:40 GMT
- COVID-19 Vaccines May Need Updates For Viral Variants : Shots - Health News - NPR
Thu, 25 Feb 2021 18:53 GMT
- Coronavirus: DOH reports 45 new cases, brings state total to 27,358 - KHON2
Thu, 25 Feb 2021 22:09 GMT
- After weeks of sharp declines, new Covid-19 cases are beginning to flatten - CNN
Thu, 25 Feb 2021 23:08 GMT
- New Orleans eases coronavirus restrictions, larger gatherings allowed - WWLTV.com
Thu, 25 Feb 2021 22:30 GMT
- Michigan reports 1,388 new coronavirus cases, 48 deaths Thursday, Feb. 25 - mlive.com
Thu, 25 Feb 2021 20:12 GMT
- Global Coronavirus Death Toll Tops 2.5 Million — Though New Fatalities Have Dropped - Forbes
Thu, 25 Feb 2021 16:51 GMT
- Michigan coronavirus cases up to 585,352; Death toll now at 15,453 - WDIV ClickOnDetroit
Thu, 25 Feb 2021 19:35 GMT
- Ohio reports 2,409 new coronavirus cases: Thursday update - cleveland.com
Thu, 25 Feb 2021 20:15 GMT
- Coronavirus Kills 32 More People In Illinois, But Chicago's Deaths Are At Lowest Point In Months - Block Club Chicago
Thu, 25 Feb 2021 18:25 GMT
- Iowa adds 654 coronavirus cases, 23 deaths on Thursday - The Gazette
Thu, 25 Feb 2021 20:19 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (76): mutation & recomb, transmission, school, Tanzania, WHO
Tue, 23 Feb 2021 13:18:21 -0500
COVID-19 -- Tanzania
To trace the evolution of coronaviruses and reveal the possible origin of the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), which causes the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), we collected and thoroughly analyzed 29 452 publicly available coronavirus genomes, including 26 312 genomes of SARS-CoV-2 strains. We observed coronavirus recombination events among different hosts including 3 independent recombination events with statistical significance between
- Aptamer Conjugated Gold Nanostar-Based Distance-Dependent Nanoparticle Surface Energy Transfer Spectroscopy for Ultrasensitive Detection and Inactivation of Corona Virus Thu, 25 Feb 2021 06:00:00 -0500
The ongoing outbreak of the coronavirus infection has killed more than 2 million people. Herein, we demonstrate that Rhodamine 6G (Rh-6G) dye conjugated DNA aptamer-attached gold nanostar (GNS)-based distance-dependent nanoparticle surface energy transfer (NSET) spectroscopy has the capability of rapid diagnosis of specific SARS-CoV-2 spike recombinant antigen or SARS-CoV-2 spike protein pseudotyped baculovirus within 10 min. Because Rh-6G-attached single-stand DNA aptamer wrapped the GNS, 99%...
- Peripartal anti-SARS-CoV-2-IgA/IgG in asymptomatic pregnant women during regional SARS-CoV-2-outbreak Thu, 25 Feb 2021 06:00:00 -0500
CONCLUSIONS: To our knowledge this is the first report of anti-SARS-CoV-2-antibody levels in the peripartum period of asymptomatic women. As the positive anti-SARS-CoV-2 serology poorly correlated with the confirmatory RT-PCR and the fact that mainly the detection of the virus by PCR correlates with the patient's infectiousness we suggest to rather perform a SARS-CoV-2-PCR-based admission screening in perinatal centers to prevent the spread of the disease.
- A deep learning algorithm using CT images to screen for Corona virus disease (COVID-19) Thu, 25 Feb 2021 06:00:00 -0500
CONCLUSION: These results demonstrate the proof-of-principle for using artificial intelligence to extract radiological features for timely and accurate COVID-19 diagnosis.
- Polyvaccine: joining the links in the cascade of type 1 diabetes Thu, 25 Feb 2021 06:00:00 -0500
The incidence of type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM), an autoimmune disorder, has ascended considerably with around 98,200 and 15,900 incidents in children below 15 years of age, globally and in India, respectively. This is typically due to environmental changes leading to genetic modifications. Also, T1DM encompasses the presence of autoantigens and many other etiologies which can be targeted by proper immunization. In this paper, we consciously discuss and collate various candidate triggers of...
- Why Not Lose Faith in Science in the Fight Against Coronavirus Thu, 25 Feb 2021 06:00:00 -0500
CONCLUSION: Deep analysis what science in perinatal medicine did assess and what it recommended to perinatal world it may be followed by principles that the research of the members of the Academy will not be the first to be published, but we certainly aim that the scientific evidence published by Academy is fast, reliable and implementable.
- Delayed Intravitreal Anti-VEGF Therapy for Patients During the COVID-19 Lockdown: An Ethical Endeavor Thu, 25 Feb 2021 06:00:00 -0500
CONCLUSION: The impact of delay in the scheduled intravitreal injections resulted in variable outcomes depending on the indication. Triaging the urgency of patients should be based on the indication to support the equity principle of bioethics, where those in need are prioritized against others, depending on potential adverse outcome.
- Preparation of Polyacrylonitrile/Ni-MOF electrospun nanofiber as an efficient fiber coating material for headspace solid-phase microextraction of diazinon and chlorpyrifos followed by CD-IMS analysis Wed, 24 Feb 2021 06:00:00 -0500
Herein, an electrospun polyacrylonitrile/nickel-based metal-organic framework nanocomposite (PAN/Ni-MOF) coating on a stainless steel wire was synthesized and employed as a novel nanosorbent for headspace solid-phase microextraction (HS-SPME) of organophosphorus pesticides (OPPs), diazinon (DIZ), and chlorpyrifos (CPS) from the diverse aqueous media followed by corona discharge ion mobility spectrometry (CD-IMS). Under the optimum experimental conditions, the calibration plots were linear in the...
- Impact of Pangolin Bootleg Market on the Dynamics of COVID-19 Model Wed, 24 Feb 2021 06:00:00 -0500
In this paper we consider ant-eating pangolin as a possible source of the novel corona virus (COVID-19) and propose a new mathematical model describing the dynamics of COVID-19 pandemic. Our new model is based on the hypotheses that the pangolin and human populations are divided into measurable partitions and also incorporates pangolin bootleg market or reservoir. First we study the important mathematical properties like existence, boundedness and positivity of solution of the proposed model....
- The COVID-19 pandemic and social distancing in Nigeria: ignorance or defiance Wed, 24 Feb 2021 06:00:00 -0500
The severity of the novel 2019 Coronavirus leaves much trepidation, anxiety and desperate measures are taken to curb the pandemic. Such measures according to WHO include hygiene, isolation and social distancing. If clustering of people is considered a major catalyst in the spread of corona virus, social distancing is therefore important for its control. But compliance has remained a concern, especially in Nigeria. We examine the concept and global trends in social distancing in infectious...
- Managing cancer care during the COVID-19 pandemic-experience at a cancer department in a tertiary hospital in Antigua and Barbuda Wed, 24 Feb 2021 06:00:00 -0500
The emergence of corona virus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has caused a global public health emergency and the pandemic has forced the healthcare givers to organise their work differently to provide the same level of care to their patients. Meticulous planning and implementation of robust infection control, proper triage of patients, patient education and awareness and establishment of good command structure has become the norm. In this article we illustrate how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected the...