Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- Congress to Vote on Coronavirus Rescue Package - The New York Times
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 23:27 GMT
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Trump Retreats on Quarantine Threat; India’s Lockdown Brings Chaos and Hunger - The New York Times
Sun, 29 Mar 2020 13:23 GMT
- WHO declares the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic - STAT
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 07:00 GMT
- Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count - The New York Times
Tue, 03 Mar 2020 23:25 GMT
- Coronavirus live updates: US death toll surpasses 2,000; hospital ship heads for NYC; NYPD loses 3 - USA TODAY
Sun, 29 Mar 2020 11:43 GMT
- Coronavirus in Pennsylvania - pa.gov
Sat, 28 Mar 2020 07:00 GMT
- Kenyan Poet Writes Letters To Coronavirus That Are Sad, Funny ... And Hopeful : Goats and Soda - Getaka.co.in
Sun, 29 Mar 2020 12:02 GMT
- Opinion: Young People Can Lead the Charge in the War Against Coronavirus : Goats and Soda - NPR
Sun, 29 Mar 2020 13:14 GMT
- Coronavirus Travel Restrictions and Bans Globally: Updating List - The New York Times
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 20:12 GMT
- Animal Shelters Urge Humans Confined To Home By Coronavirus Outbreak To Adopt - NPR
Sun, 29 Mar 2020 11:03 GMT
- A North Carolina county is using checkpoints to block visitors and keep coronavirus out - CNN
Sun, 29 Mar 2020 12:03 GMT
- Why Experts Are Urging Social Distancing to Combat Coronavirus Outbreak - UCSF News Services
Sat, 14 Mar 2020 07:00 GMT
- Coronavirus task force has received proposed recommendations on reducing social distancing - CNN
Sun, 29 Mar 2020 13:43 GMT
- India’s Coronavirus Lockdown Leaves Vast Numbers Stranded and Hungry - The New York Times
Sun, 29 Mar 2020 11:21 GMT
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - IGNN
Tue, 03 Mar 2020 23:02 GMT
- PRO/EDR> Methanol poisoning - Iran: counterfeit treatment for COVID-19
Sat, 28 Mar 2020 19:48:10 -0400
Poisoning -- Iran
Standing over the still body of an intubated 5-year-old boy wearing nothing but a plastic diaper, an Iranian healthcare worker in a hazmat suit and mask begged the public for just one thing: Stop drinking industrial alcohol [methanol, the most common industrial alcohol] over fears about the new coronavirus.
The boy, now blind after his parents gave him toxic methanol in the mistaken belief it protects against the virus, is just one of hundreds of victims of an epidemic inside the pandemic
- [Oral Health Management of Children during the Epidemic Period of Coronavirus Disease 2019].
- [Expert consensus on the management strategy of patients with hereditary ataxia during prevention and control of novel coronavirus pneumonia epidemic].
- [Maternity protection-also during the corona crisis].
- Geriatric Care during Public Health Emergencies: Lessons Learned from Novel Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) Pandemic.
- Determination of the relative contribution of the non-dissolved fraction of ZnO NP on membrane permeability and cytotoxicity.
- Radio Emission Reveals Inner Meter-Scale Structure of Negative Lightning Leader Steps.