Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- America hits highest daily number of coronavirus cases since pandemic began - The Washington Post
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 22:15 GMT
- Wales Imposes 'Firebreak Lockdown' As Coronavirus Cases Spike - NPR
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 17:48 GMT
- U.S. reports over 71,000 new coronavirus cases in one day, highest since July - CBS News
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 21:31 GMT
- As Coronavirus Kills More In Illinois, Tearful Public Health Boss Begs Residents To Take Virus Seriously - Block Club Chicago
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 15:43 GMT
- Live updates: U.S. hits all-time high in daily new coronavirus cases - The Washington Post
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 22:58 GMT
- More than 100 coronavirus cases and 3 deaths linked to North Carolina church event - NBC News
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 20:34 GMT
- These 5 Numbers Illustrate the Rise of Coronavirus Cases in Massachusetts - NBC10 Boston
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 19:46 GMT
- Wisconsin sees near record new coronavirus cases, deaths - Fox11online.com
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 18:58 GMT
- US could soon see the highest number of Covid-19 cases ever on a daily basis, surgeon general says - CNN
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 22:40 GMT
- 'The Numbers Don't Look Good' As Mass. Coronavirus Indicators Continue To Rise - WBUR
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 11:49 GMT
- Fauci says as coronavirus infections swell, federal task force is meeting just weekly - NBC News
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 18:59 GMT
- Coronavirus: Test results backlog swells L.A. County case count - Los Angeles Times
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 18:07 GMT
- Coronavirus live updates: AstraZeneca, J&J resume vaccine trials as U.S. nears record highs for new cases - CNBC
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 22:07 GMT
- 43 new coronavirus cases have been reported in Maine - Bangor Daily News
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 19:13 GMT
- ‘We Are Not Going to Lie Down’: A Coronavirus Revolt in England - The New York Times
Thu, 22 Oct 2020 19:41 GMT
- PRO/ALL> New in IJID (10): October 2020
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 09:38:10 -0400
COVID-19, Not Yet Classified, Dengue, Japanese Encephalitis, Hepatitis, HIV/AIDS, Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease, Tuberculosis, Schistosomiasis, Influenza, Carbapenem-resistant enterobacteriaceae (CRE) -- Worldwide/Unknown
ITP following vaccination
Paula David, Yehuda Shoenfeld
Int J Infect Dis. 2020; 99(Oct): 243-244
A call for strengthened evidence on targeted, non-pharmaceutical interventions against COVID-19 for the protection of vulnerable individuals in sub-Saharan Africa
Robert Colebunders, Joseph Nelson Siewe Fodjo, Guido Vanham, Rafael Van den Bergh
Int J Infect Dis. 2020; 99(Oct): 482-484
- Transcriptomic analysis of seed germination improvement of Andrographis paniculata responding to air plasma treatment.
- Comparative Effectiveness of Lopinavir/Ritonavir-Based Regimens in COVID-19.
- Mutations in membrane-fusion subunit of spike glycoprotein play crucial role in the recent outbreak of COVID-19.
- Production and application of polyclonal antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 viral spike protein. Development to rapid, highly sensitive diagnosis kit for early Corona viral detection among the population.
- Lung ultrasound findings in pediatric patients with COVID-19.
- Review of inflammatory bowel disease and COVID-19.
- Approaches and Best Practices for Managing Cancer Pain within the Constraints of the COVID-19 Pandemic in India.
- Emerging Role of Metabolomics in Ovarian Cancer Diagnosis.