Corona Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Coronaviruses. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and humans. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death. Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Also avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019. The outbreak of COVID-19 was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 by the WHO. As of March 11th, the WHO declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging that the virus will likely spread to all countries in the world.
The objectives of Corona Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for coronaviruses and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to coronaviruses. What do you know about the novel Coronavirus that is causing a health emergency?
- Moscow facing new aggressive coronavirus variant, mayor says - Reuters
Thu, 17 Jun 2021 17:40 GMT
- Illinois Coronavirus Updates: Lottery to Give $10M in Prize Money to Residents Who Get COVID Vaccine - NBC Chicago
Thu, 17 Jun 2021 16:39 GMT
- Italy reports 37 coronavirus deaths on Thursday, 1,325 new cases - Reuters
Thu, 17 Jun 2021 15:53 GMT
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: June 15, 2021 | FDA - FDA.gov
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 22:41 GMT
- Coronavirus in Ohio Thursday update: Latest number of cases to be released at 2pm - WKBN.com
Thu, 17 Jun 2021 17:29 GMT
- Covid-19 live updates: Reopening cities and states isn’t ‘synonymous with stopping the push to vaccinate,’ Fauci says - The Washington Post
Thu, 17 Jun 2021 20:03 GMT
- Chris Paul Out Indefinitely Because of Coronavirus Protocols - The New York Times
Thu, 17 Jun 2021 13:54 GMT
- Mexico's coronavirus death toll climbs to 230792 - Reuters
Thu, 17 Jun 2021 19:26 GMT
- Coronavirus Briefing: What Happened Today - The New York Times
Wed, 16 Jun 2021 21:26 GMT
- After Coronavirus Pandemic and Brexit, UK Begins to See Worker Gaps - The New York Times
Thu, 17 Jun 2021 14:11 GMT
- While You Were Sleeping: Coronavirus updates for June 17 - Fox 59
Thu, 17 Jun 2021 09:15 GMT
- Coronavirus response | Pandemic leaving sanitary district in financial bind - Champaign/Urbana News-Gazette
Thu, 17 Jun 2021 13:30 GMT
- Virginia sees 166 new coronavirus cases, now reporting 678,392 statewide - WSLS 10
Thu, 17 Jun 2021 13:01 GMT
- Georgia surpasses 900,000 confirmed coronavirus cases - Atlanta Journal Constitution
Thu, 17 Jun 2021 14:24 GMT
- Slovakia's Vavro tests positive for coronavirus at Euro 2020 - ABC News
Thu, 17 Jun 2021 12:11 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (200): animal, China, origin
Tue, 08 Jun 2021 23:24:17 -0400
COVID-19 -- China
Chinese markets linked to some of the earliest Covid-19 cases were illegally selling a range of wildlife from which the coronavirus may have spread, according to a study published less than 2 weeks after U.S. President Joe Biden ordered a deeper probe into the pandemic's genesis.
Mink, masked palm civets, raccoon dogs, Siberian weasels, hog badgers and Chinese bamboo rats were among 38 animal species sold live at markets in Wuhan from May 2017 to November 2019, researchers said Monday [7
- Emotional effect of the Covid-19 pandemic on oral surgery procedures: a social media analysis Thu, 17 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
CONCLUSION: Infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, may lead to mental, emotional, and behavioral changes in people. Unpredictability, uncertainty, disease severity, misinformation, and social isolation may further increase dental anxiety and fear among people.
- Bioactive Molecules of Tea as Potential Inhibitors for RNA-Dependent RNA Polymerase of SARS-CoV-2 Thu, 17 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
The coronavirus disease (COVID-19), a worldwide pandemic, is caused by the severe acute respiratory syndrome-corona virus-2 (SARS-CoV-2). At this moment in time, there are no specific therapeutics available to combat COVID-19. Drug repurposing and identification of naturally available bioactive molecules to target SARS-CoV-2 are among the key strategies to tackle the notorious virus. The enzyme RNA-dependent RNA polymerase (RdRp) performs a pivotal role in replicating the virus. RdRp is a prime...
- Changes in Emotional-Behavioral Functioning Among Pre-school Children Following the Initial Stage Danish COVID-19 Lockdown and Home Confinement Thu, 17 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Unintended negative outcomes on child behavior due to lockdown and home confinement following the corona virus disease (COVID-19) pandemic needs highlighting to effectively address these issues in the current and future health crises. In this sub-study of the ODIN-study, the objectives were to determine whether the Danish lockdown and home confinement following the COVID-19 pandemic affected changes in emotional-behavioral functioning of pre-school-aged children using the validated Strength and...
- Guidelines for safer panchakarma practice in non-covid clinical care during corona pandemic Thu, 17 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Morbidity and mortality statistical trends of COVID-19 pandemic reveal that, "The coronavirus may be with us for a long time, and we have to learn to live with it rather than hope to vanquish its threat". Considering these trends, it is imperative to make changes in our lives at home and workplace so as to prepare ourselves to face and protect the community at large from the risk of infection. Human interaction is necessary in healthcare particularly in panchakarma due to which panchakarma...
- Synthetic modified messenger RNA for therapeutic applications Wed, 16 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Synthetic modified messenger RNA (mRNA) has manifested great potentials for therapeutic applications such as vaccines and gene therapies, with the recent mRNA vaccines for global pandemic COVID-19 (corona virus disease 2019) attracting the tremendous attention. The chemical modifications and delivery vehicles of synthetic mRNAs are the two key factors for their in vivo therapeutic applications. Chemical modifications like nucleoside methylation endow the synthetic mRNAs with high stability and...
- In vitro dissolution considerations associated with nano drug delivery systems Wed, 16 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Nano drug delivery systems (NDDS) offer promising solution for the translation of future nanomedicines. As bioavailability and therapeutic outcomes can be improved by altering the drug release from these NDDS, it becomes essential to thoroughly understand their drug release kinetics. Moreover, U.S. Food and Drug Administration requires critical evaluation of potential safety, efficacy, and public health impacts of nanomaterials. Spiraling up market share of NDDS has also stimulated the...
- Living Donor Liver Transplantation During the COVID-19 Pandemic: an Evolving Challenge Wed, 16 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
CONCLUSION: Despite comparable outcomes, fewer sick patients might undergo LDLT during the pandemic. Individuals recovered from COVID-19 might be safely considered for donation or transplantation.
- Overview of deep learning models for identification Covid-19 Wed, 16 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
The well-being and health of global population is continuously and badly affected by COVID-19 pandemic. Thus, to prevent the spread the pandemic between individuals, there is high importance in implementing automatic detection systems as rapid alternative diagnosis. The virus is affecting the person's respiratory system as well as creating white patchy shadows in the X-ray images of the lungs of individuals experiencing COVID-19. Also, deep learning can be defined as a useful and efficient AI...
- Distribution of incubation periods of COVID-19 in the Canadian context Wed, 16 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
We propose a novel model based on a set of coupled delay differential equations with fourteen delays in order to accurately estimate the incubation period of COVID-19, employing publicly available data of confirmed corona cases. In this goal, we separate the total cases into fourteen groups for the corresponding fourteen incubation periods. The estimated mean incubation period we obtain is 6.74 days (95% Confidence Interval(CI): 6.35 to 7.13), and the 90th percentile is 11.64 days (95% CI: 11.22...
- Virtual Clinical Encounter Examination (VICEE): A novel approach for assessing medical students' non-psychomotor clinical competency Wed, 16 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
CONCLUSION: Our results suggest that online AI-based virtual patient high fidelity simulation may be used as an alternative tool to assess some aspects of non-psychometric competencies.